Good morning, Social Rabbit here with your guide to social media.
I get asked this a bit – “Shall I just get someone who is Gen Y to do my social media?”. My answer is No. Just because they are Gen Y that is not enough of a qualification to run it for your business!
Would you ask….
- someone to be your barista just because they can make good coffee at home?
- your friend who makes her own clothes to run a fashion line?
- your brother who is on YouTube 24-7 to make a video for your business?
- your friend who takes nice photos to do the cover shot for your magazine
- the guy in the office who is always playing games on his phone to design one for your business?
- your sister who writes for the school newspaper to fill in for you at the Sydney Morning Herald while you’re on holidays?
- the local surfer dude to find a way to promote the local beach – after all he uses it daily…
- the local vet to check you out on how your pregnancy is going?
- your friend who doesn’t mind getting changed in front of you to perform at the local strip club?