Good Morning, Social Rabbit here with your guide to the world of social media.
Today Rabbit lovers I will explain how you with very little technical skill can add a welcome/landing tab to your Facebook page.
1. Log into Facebook so that you are an admin for the page you want to add the tab to
2. In Facebook search for the “Static FBML” application, when you have found it go to it and click on “add to my page” choose your page from the list click on “add” then close it – see the image below….
3.Go to your page and click on EDIT MY PAGE
4.Find the static FBML app in the list of applications and click on “edit”
5.Open a new tab in whatever internet program you’re using and go to Flickr.com. If you don’t have an account open one (it’s free) or sign in if you have an account, upload the image you want for your landing tab – this MUST be as a jpeg.
6.Click on “share” and get the HTML code, copy the code as below
7. Go back to your Facebook tab where you have the FBML window open
8. Choose a title for your tab eg Welcome and write in the the small top box, then paste the code from Flickr into the big FBML box and hit “save changes”.
This will only give you an image, no link through to a website, so it is really a quick and dirty option. To change the image link see 8B below. If you have great graphic design skills you can make sure that a) it fills the space (520 wide by from 0 high) and b) include text.
8.B The code below is what you have pasted from Flickr, if you don’t want a link on your image then delete the section highlighted in red (but obviously in your code). If you want a link to NOT go to Flickr then change the http://…… section in the red text to where you want it to link to, make sure you don’t delete the “” as they are needed.
<a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/socialrabbit/4900378406/” title=”$10 Off by Social Rabbit, on Flickr”><img src=”http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/4900378406_4cd7542809.jpg” width=”500″ height=”400″ alt=”$10 Off” /></a>
9. When you have done this you need to back into the backend of your page and change your wall settings so that new fans land on this tab.
If you want to add more tabs you can just repeat as above. I look forward to seeing them all popping up! If you try this tell me your thoughts below in the comments.