Good morning, Social Rabbit here with your guide to the world of social media.
I get asked a lot how do I increase the number of LIKERs on my page, and yes I know when you start it isn’t easy, but you need to keep going with it and follow these tips.
- Post quality content on your page that is relevant to your page’s purpose
- Regularly post on your page, it doesn’t have to be daily, but at the very minimum it needs to be fortnightly
- Put a Facebook like box on your website – not on the contact us page, but on the home page and indeed every page on your site
- Add a link to your Facebook page in your email signature
- If you have a physical location for your business put a poster up asking people to like you on Facebook with the url of your page
- Add the page details to any promotional materials you have – include your page URL don’t expect people to find it
- Add the page details to your business cards
- Ask your current LIKERs to share your page with their friends
- Have a landing tab on your page explaining what people get if they like your page – people are twice as likely to like a page with a landing tab
- If you have a store on your Facebook page offer a special price if you LIKE the page – you can do this if you use the free Vendor Shop application
- Switch to use Facebook as your page and post on other page walls, just make sure you aren’t adding spammy comments
- When you mention other pages in your posts make sure that you tag them, this way the post will appear on their page as well as yours!
- Try using Facebook advertising to promote your page – make sure you use it to drive people to your page, not your website, as that works far more effectively
- Invite your personal Facebook friends to LIKE the page
- Offer an incentive to those who LIKE the page, eg a free download, voucher or pdf
- Use Facebook as your page and write useful comments on other pages posts
- Write comments on relevant blogs and include the link to your Facebook page instead of your website
- Add your Facebook page as a website to your LinkedIn profile
- Favourite pages on your page, and ask those pages to favourite you back
- Run a competition on your page (making sure that you are within Facebook’s guidelines!) and ask your LIKERs to share it with their friends
- If you have a blog and mention your Facebook page and hyperlink the text back to it
- Include a link to your page in your enewsletter – not just once, but every time
- Respond to all the comments people write on your wall, it will encourage them to write more and every post they write on the wall it appears in the newsfeed of all their friends, thus promoting your page
- Encourage people to share your page posts with friends by suggesting they click on the share button – people don’t always know how to do this
- If you speak to groups promote your page as a place to take questions after the event – they have to like your page to ask a question on the wall
Have you tried any others that have worked for you? Tell me in the comments below….