Herpes simplex 1 is the virus behind cold sores. Even though it’s dormant for much of the time, up to 80 percent of the population has this virus in their body. Anybody who has had a painful, and ugly, outbreak has one question that they want answered to get rid of cold sores. It may appear that way sometimes even though cold sores do not last forever. But there are some things you can do to make life a little simpler.
Of course the best thing is not to get an outbreak to start with. Make sure you keep your immune system strong by eating properly getting enough sleep and washing your hands regularly. None of those things will guarantee that you won’t get a cold sore, but they sure can help.
It’s also advisable to avoid using items from anybody who has an active outbreak. Steer clear of razors, toothbrushes, glasses, lipstick, etc.. You want to keep the kissing sorry.
Cold sores will be over tired or more likely to rear their ugly little heads when you’re over stressed. Try to keep balance in your life (not always easy I know) and you might be able to prevent some outbreaks.
As soon as you’ve got a cold sore the one thing you can think of is the way to get rid of cold sores. The sooner you start treating your sore the sooner you can eliminate it.
Here are some ideas:
1. Keep the area around the sore dry and clean. Cold sores love a moist surroundings so by keeping the area clean and dry you’re depriving it of what it needs to make it’s self.
2. Get a toothbrush, The moment you get an outbreak. The moist toothbrush can harbor more of the virus. Don’t forget that if your toothbrush has come into contact make sure to replace that.
3. Taking a supplement might help you accelerate the healing period. You may not totally stop an outbreak, but you might be able to hasten the departure of it.
4. Remedies such as echinacea, lemon balm and tea tree oil may also help the recovery when applied to the affected area.
5. Learn to deal with situations by learning to meditate, or do yoga, or whatever it is that will allow you to keep balance in your life.
Bear in mind, that most of us have this virus in our system, many people have had since we were kids, so we just have to learn to live with this. Dong everything possible to keep your body healthy and avoiding an outbreak in the first place is the first step. But if, despite your best efforts, you get a cold sore, there are some simple things you can do to learn how to get rid of cold sores.