Good Morning, Social Rabbit here with your guide to the world of social media.
Instead of seeing the social network you interact on as a way to push your product, or tell everyone how amazing you are, see it as a party. Not just any party, but a party that you are hosting at your place.
If you were holding a party you would,
- Chat to people, even the ones you haven’t met before – hint do this online!
- Introduce people to others – you can so easily do this in social media, but first you need to find out about the people at the party (see point 1)
- Offer food and drinks, yes some people do just come for the free drinks – often in social media, when you offer people a freebee suddenly you are everyone’s best friend, but it gives you a chance to get to know them, it starts the conversation
- Make sure your place looks good before everyone arrives – it’s the same in social media, “first impressions count”
- Say thank you if a guest bought you a gift – in social media world that is a comment or post that they make, don’t leave it floating out there….
- Put on some tunes – it’s all about the right atmosphere; does the social network your business is playing on have the right vibe?
- Kick out the trouble makers – don’t be afraid to tell any spammers where to go, it’s your party and you’ll cry if you want to!
So is anyone having a party at their house this weekend?